Monday, March 31, 2008

30 to 36 - Playing Catch-up

I am alive! *whew* It has been a crazy two weeks here in the House of Tsang... haha, get it? (It's a brand of sauce... and my name...) I am seven bento posts behind and feel so guilty for not posting even though I have been browsing other fellow bento-ees. Before I start the massive food post, below is part of the reason I have been MIA (besides my long weekend trip to NYC last week)...

The boyfriend woke up on Monday morning with spots in is eye and by nighttime is missing half his vision in his right eye. By the time he made the appointment for Tuesday morning, he had lost about two-thirds of his vision from the top down. Scary! The doctor determined his retina somehow detached and he had emergency surgery to re-attach it. I know this is not necessarily food talk, but I have been taking care of him (in his patched state, see pic) and am quite exhausted. His vision is coming back slowly, but it'll still take some time to heal completely.

And without further delay, here are my bento's!

I forgot where I found this recipe, but it is labeled "Grandma's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup" and is the best soup ever! The recipe will be posted on another day as this post is probably longer than an average person's attention span... =\
#30 left: homemade chicken noodle soup
right: organic carrot sticks, cantelope

#31 beef & mushroom melt (to be sandwiched between a
whole wheat english muffin), grape tomatoes, cantelope

Chicken Marsala is one of my bf's comfort foods, so that is what he got on a rainy dreary Rochester day. There is something about mushrooms sauteed in butter that just makes me drool. <=D
#32 bottom tier: chicken marsala with linguini
top tier: organic carrot sticks, dried wild blueberries, garlic/herb swiss, grape tomatoes

#33 sauteed chicken and potatoes with arugala, organic carrot sticks

I got dragged out to shop on a Monday after work to hunt for suits at S&K's crazy two-for-one sale. After traveling to two malls and trying on about 7 suits (the bf, not I), we bought a nice any occasion black suit and a gray pin-striped suit. He looked good.. *wink*. =) It was late, so I convinced him to eat at Biaggi's (an italian style restaurant). We started with Mussels Pomodoro, as always, and lapped up every last bit of the white-wine butter sauce with bread. Just thinking about the sauce is making my mouth water! After polishing that and the bread basket off (we were hungry!), we barely touched our dinners. Got to love leftovers *smiles*
#34 baked penne with prosciutto and shrimp, organic carrot sticks, cucumbers

#35 fruit bento, courtesy of a get-well "Edible" fruit blossom arrangements. They arrange
fruit like a flower bouquet and it was such a nice surprise! Here is the bouquet:
*big cheesy grin*

#36 pineapple fried rice (w/ shrimp and pork), shanghai bok choy sauteed with garlic

2 comments:

Yvo Sin said...

Yay you're back! Yum, and don't you love how ripe the fruit in the edible arrangements are? I've never gotten one but know people who have, and I've happily eaten the bouquet along with them!

And, gross, shudder, how the heck does it just somehow become detached? Can this happen to me? I'm skeevish about anything near my eyes (though I wear contacts) and am so squirming right now, ack, ack, ack, shudder.

Yvo Sin said...

lol @ your coment... someone doesn't read carefully, I link to TWO of my short ribs recipes (they're variations on each other) =P