Wednesday, April 9, 2008

038 - Comfort food

There's no place like home, especially when it comes to food. I woke up Sunday with a scratch in my throat and it is now a full blown sore throat. As soon as I got home after work, the only thing I can think of is a big bowl of congee. *smiles* That, along with some noodles, was dinner tonight. It's also lunch for tomorrow. I don't have any pretty containers to store the congee, so here are pictures from dinner.

my mom bought me this bowl for homemade soups (she sends me back
to Rochester with batches at a time).
It tastes as good as it looks! Green onion helps spruce it up and give it a "fresh" taste.

I cheated and made this with spaghetti since I ran out of hong-kong
style egg noodles. It came out really good and resembles the Silver Noodle
dish you can get at dimsum. =)



1 comment:

Yvo Sin said...

Yummy... I don't make congee cuz I feel like it won't be good. I like this one place... drool.